英语志愿者培训内容_志愿者服务培训内容
英语志愿者培训内容由刀豆文库小编整理,希望给你工作、学习、生活带来方便,猜你可能喜欢“志愿者服务培训内容”。
英语志愿者培训内容
一、公共英语部分
(一)问候和欢迎 Greetings and Welcoming Conversations 1.A: Welcome to Hengshui!欢迎到衡水来!B: Thank you.谢谢你。2.A: Nice to meet you.很高兴见到你。
B: Nice to meet you, too.很高兴见到你。3.A: Where are you from? 你从哪里来?
B: I'm from America.我来自美国。
4.A: I've heard so much about you.久仰大名。
B: Thanks.I'm flattered.谢谢,您过奖了。5.A: How was your trip? 这次旅行怎么样?
B: It was wonderful.非常棒。
6.A: I hope you will enjoy your stay here.希望你在这儿过得愉快。
B: Thank you, I'm sure I will.谢谢你,我相信我会的。7.A: Please have a seat.请坐。
B: OK, thank you.好的,谢谢。
8.A: Is this your first trip to China? 这是你第一次来中国吗?
B: No, I've been here twice.不,我已经来过两次了。
9.A: Have you been to other parts of China? 你去过中国的其它地方吗?
B: I have been to Xi'an and Shanghai.我去过西安和上海。
10.A: What's your impreion of Hengshui so far? 目前你对衡水的印象如何?
B: Hengshui is a very beautiful city!衡水是一个非常美丽的城市!11.A: How long do you plan to stay? 你计划待多久?
B: I'm not sure yet.我还不知道。/还没定。12.A: Please make yourself at home.别客气。/请随便。
B: Thank you!谢谢你!
(二)再见和告别 Goodbye and Taking Leave 1.A: I really should be going.我真的要走了。
B: OK, have a safe trip.好,祝你一路平安。2.A: Take care!See you later.保重!再见。
B: Have a nice day!祝你今天过得愉快!
3.A:Please look me up whenever you're in Hengshui.到了衡水就来找我。
B: Thank you, I sure will.谢谢,我一定会的。4.A: Nice talking to you!很高兴和你谈话!
B: Same here!我也一样!
5.A: Please say hello to your family.请代我向你家人问好。
B: Send my best wishes to your wife.替我为你妻子送去最好的祝愿。6.A: Goodbye and good luck!再见,祝你好运!
B: Keep in touch!保持联系!
7.A: This is a small gift.I hope you like it.这是我的一点小心意,希望你喜欢。
B: I love it!我很喜欢!
8.A: Let's take a picture together.一起合张影吧。
B: That's a good idea!好主意!
9.A: Let's get together again soon.有空再来聚一聚
B: I'm looking forward to that.我在盼望着那一天。10.A: I hope to see you again.我希望再次见到你。
B: Me too.我也是。
(三)介绍/谈论自己 Introductions/Talking about Yourself 1.A: Hello!What's your name? 你好!你叫什么名字?
B: My name is Stone Lee.我叫李斯通。2.A: Here is my busine card.这是我的名片
B: Thank you.Here is mine.谢谢,这是我的。3.A: What should I call you? 怎么称呼你?
B: Please just call me Stone.叫我斯通好了。
4.A: I'd like you to meet my colleague.我想让你认识一下我的同事。
B: I'd love to.我很乐意。
5.A: Here's a picture of my family.这是一张我们家的全家福。
B: They are lovely!他们真可爱!
6.A: I work in the travel and tourism busine.我从事旅游业。
B: How interesting!真有趣!
7.A: I was born and raised in Hengshui.我生在衡水,长在衡水。
B: Really? 真的吗?
8.A: This is my hometown.这是我的故乡。
B: Oh, it's beautiful!啊,真美!
(四)提供和请求帮助 Offering/Asking for Help 1.A: Do you need any help? 需要帮助吗?
B: No, thank you.I'm fine.不,谢谢了。我还行。2.A: Here, let me help you!让我帮你吧!
B: Oh, thanks a lot!啊,十分感谢!
3.A: Is there anything I can do for you? 有什么需要帮忙吗?
B: Yes, could you help me get a train ticket? 有,你能帮我买一张火车票吗?
4.A: Could you do me a favor? 能帮我一个忙吗?
B: Sure, I'd be glad to.当然,我很乐意。
二、专业英语部分:受伤与生病 Injuries and Sickne
(一)外科问诊:
1.Ankle Injury脚踝受伤
A: Doctor!医生!
B: What is the matter? 你怎么了?
A: I sprained my ankle.It's killing me!我扭伤了脚踝,好痛啊!
B: Where exactly does it hurt? 痛的确切部位在哪里?
A: Right here.It's badly bruised and swollen.就在这里,青肿得很厉害。
B: Take it easy.Let me have a look.Oh, It's nothing serious.别紧张,让我看看。哦,伤得不重。
A: Do you think I can go on with the game?
你认为我能接着比赛吗?
B: Yes.I'll give you an analgesic spray, and it should relieve the pain.Do you feel better now?
能。我给你喷一点止痛剂,疼痛就会缓解。你现在感觉好点儿了吗?
A: Yes.Thank you, doctor.好点儿了。谢谢你,医生。2.Leg Injury腿部受伤
A: What's wrong with you? 你怎么了?
B: My leg hurts and I cannot stand.I think my leg is broken.我的腿痛,站不起来。我的腿好像骨折了。
A: Please don't move.I'll get you a stretcher right away.Does it hurt here?
请不要动。我马上给你叫担架。这里疼吗?
B: Yes, a lot.疼,疼得厉害。
A: I think you need an X-ray.We'll send you to the hospital at once.3 Don't worry, you'll be all right.我想你需要拍X光片,我们马上送你去医院。别担心,你会好的。
B: I'd like my team doctor to go with me.Is it OK?
我想让我的队医跟我一起去,可以吗?
A: Sure.当然可以。外科常用句子:
1、You’d better take an X-ray picture to see if there is a fracture.你最好拍张X片子,看看有没有骨折。
2、I’d like to give you an X-ray.我想给你透视一下。
3、The X-ray reveals a dislocation of your elbow.X光片显示你的肘关节脱位。
4、I’ll give you some medicine.我给您开点药。
5、I’m afraid you have to receive an amputation.恐怕你需要截肢。
6、It is the only way to save your life.这是挽救您生命的唯一办法。
7、The fractured leg must be kept in plaster.必须把骨折的腿打上石膏。
8、You’re suffering from acute appendicitis and must have an operaton.你得的是急性阑尾炎,要动手术。
9、I’m sorry to say you’ll have an immediate operation.很遗憾,你得快动手术。
10、Where does it hurt 哪儿痛?
11、Which of your arms is sore 你哪个胳膊痛?
12、Do you feel weak 你感到身体虚弱吗?
13、Do you have any pain in your belly 你腹部痛吗?
14、Does it hurt here 这儿痛吗?
15、You are scheduled to have an operation.您要预定动手术。
16、First of all,we will prepare you by shaving.首先,我们要给你备皮,做手术前的准备工作。
17、I will give you an NG tube right now.我马上给你插鼻胃管。
18、Urinating after an operation is very hard.手术后排尿很困难。
19、Did you pa any wind by rectum 有气从肛门排出吗?
20、You can lie on your side more often.您可以经常翻身。
21、You look a little better today.今天看来你精神好一些。
22、You can get out of bed today.你今天可以下床了。
二、内科问诊:
发烧、嗓子痛:
A: What seems to be the trouble? 你怎么了?/你哪儿不舒服?
B: I don't feel well.I've got a sore throat and I've been coughing for two days.我感觉不舒服,我嗓子痛,已经咳嗽两天了。
A: Let me take your temperature, first.You are running a fever.Now, let me check your chest.Breathe in.Hold your breath.Breathe out.That's it.I think you've got the flu.我先量一下你的体温。你发烧了。现在检查一下你的胸部,吸气,屏息,呼 气,很好。我想你得了流感。
B: Are you going to give me a shot? 你要给我打一针吗?
A: No, it's nothing serious.I'll prescribe you some medicine and a cough syrup.Do you have any drug allergies?
不,并不严重。我给你开点儿药和止咳糖浆。你对药物过敏吗?
B: No, I don't think so.不,没有。
A: Okay.Take one pill three times a day after meals.You can take the cough syrup as needed.Drink plenty of fluids and get some rest.You should feel better soon.好的。这药一天服三次,一次一片,饭后服。止咳糖浆需要时喝一点。多补 充液体,好好休息。你会很快好转的。
B: Thank you, doctor.谢谢你,医生。内科常用句子:
1.What's bothering you?/ What's the trouble? 有什么不舒服的? 2.How long have you been feeling like this? 你有这种感觉多久了? 3.About a week now.到现在大约一星期了。4.When did the pain start? 什么时候开始疼的? 5.I don't feel like eating anything.我什么都不想吃。6.I feel like I'm burning up.我感觉很烫很热。7.I have a headache.我头疼。
8.I seem to have pain all over.我感觉全身都疼。9.My whole body feels weak.我全身都觉得很虚弱。10.You'll be all right soon.你不久就会康复的。11.It's nothing serious.不严重。12.There's nothing to be alarmed about.没必要惊慌。13.Don't over do things.不要过度疲劳。
14.Go home and rest for at least three or four days.回家休息至少三四天。
15.Do you have a record 您有病历吗?
16.I’ll transfer you to the surgery department.我给您转到外科去 17.When did the symptom begin 症状是什么时候开始的?
18.Do you have a cough 你咳嗽吗? Are you bring anything up when you cough 咳嗽时有痰吗? Have you ever coughed up blood 您咳血过吗? 19.Have you had any chills(chest pain)您有发冷(胸痛)吗?
20.Do you remember how many times you went to the toilet 你记得去过多少次厕所吗?
21.Your meals should be frequent but small in quantity.应该少吃多餐。22.Your meals should be light and digestible.吃的东西要清淡容易消化。23.You should take some more vitamines 你应该多吃些维生素。24.You should go on a diet.你应该节食。
25.You can’t touch anything sweet.你一点甜食也吃不得
26.Fatty food will do you harm.高脂肪食物对你有害处。
27.Avoid eating greasy food.不要吃油腻食物。
28.Let me examine you.Would you mind taking off your coat 我给您检查一下,您不介意脱掉外衣吧?
29.Take a deep breath,please 请深呼吸
30.I’ll take a white blood count and give you a x-ray examination.我将给您做白细胞计数和胸片检查
31.I’m sure it’s pneumonia.You should be admitted to the hospital.我可以确定您得了肺炎,应当住院。
32.How long have you been like this 这种症状有多久了?
33.When did you begin to notice these symptoms 您什么时候发现这些症状的?
34.Is there a sense of distension and numbne 你有胀和麻木的感觉吗?
35.When did the trouble start 什么时候开始不舒服?
36.When did your diarrhea start 你什么时候开始腹泻的?
37.What kind of pain do you feel 你觉得怎么个痛法?
38.What kind of stool did you notice,watery or mucous 你注意大便的样子了吗?是水样的还是粘液样? 39.What did you vomit,food or blood 你吐的是什么?食物还是血?
40.What kind of treatment have you had 你过去用什么方法治疗过?
41.What about your heart 你的心脏怎么样?
42.What’s your stool like 大便是什么样子?
43.What’s your appetite 你的胃口怎么样?
44.How’s your appetite those days 近来食欲怎么样?
45.How long have you been feeling like this 你有这样感觉多长时间了?
46.Have you been coughing and sneezing 你是不是一直咳嗽和打喷嚏?
47.Have you got a high fever/Any fever 发烧吗?
48.Have you got any chronic disease before 你以前有过慢性病吗?
49.Does it bleed often 常出血吗?
50.Do you feel short of breath 你觉得气急吗?
51.Do you feel pain after meals 是饭后痛吗?
52.Do you feel abdominal pain when you go to the toilet 你去厕所时感到腹痛吗?
53.Do you have a pain in your stomach 你肚子痛吗?
54.Did you receive any treatment before you came to the hospital 来医院前你接受过治疗吗?
55.You have the flu.你得了流行感冒。
56.You have got enteritis.你得了肠炎。
57.You have caught a chill.你着凉了。
58.You seem to have picked up some sort of infection.你好象染上什么传染病了。
口腔科常用句子:
1.Open your mouth,please.请张开嘴。
2.It’s too worn out to be filled.这颗牙坏得太历害了,无法补了。
3.Have you ever had an injection of procaine(pencillin)before 你以前打过普鲁卡因(青霉素)吗?
4.Does it hurt when you eat anything sweet or sour 你吃甜的或酸的东西时疼吗?
5.I’ll be cleaning them now.let me know if it hurts.我现在给你洗牙,疼就说一声。
6.The wound hasn’t healed enough yet.伤口还没完全愈合。
7.You’ll have to wait for one more month,or they won’t fit properly.你 7 得再等一个月,要不然装上也不会合适。
8.What kind of material do you prefer? 你想要什么材料的?
9.Would you like to have a look at some of the samples 你要看一看样品吗? 10.You can try the gold-alloy ones.你可以试一下合金的。
11.You’ve got to come five times before the work can be finished.你得来五次才能做好。
12.Shall I fix you a plastic crown 我给你装一个塑料牙套好吗? 13.We’ll give you an X-ray to find out the condition of the root.我们要给你拍一张X光片,看看牙根的情况。
14.You’ll have to leave your old denture here.你得把原先的假牙留下。15.You should leave your denture in your mouth all day.你应该整天戴着你的假牙。
妇产科常用句子:
1.How are your periods? Are they heavy? 你的月经怎么样?量多吗?
2.Have you had any pain in this area during your menstruation? 你来月经时间时这一部位疼吗?
3.How about your menstruation cycles? 你的经期准吗?
4.Have you had any discomfort? 有什么不舒服吗?
5.When was your last menstruation? 你上一次月经是什么时候?
6.How long is your period usually? 通常你的月经周期多长?
7.Have you had any bleeding,watery discharge or pain in your lower abdomen? 你有过阴道出血、水性分泌物以及下腹部疼痛的情况吗?
8.How long has this been bothering you? 这种不适感有多久了?
9.Did you feel contractions regularly? 你感觉到过有规律的宫缩吗?
10.What’s the amount of beeding? Is it profuse? 出血量多少?很多吗?
11.Do you mind if I examine you briefly? 我简单地给你检查一下,你介意吗?
12.Please take off your shoes and panties and lie on the examining table.请你脱去鞋和裤子,躺到检查床上。
13.I’ll run some tests on you.我要给你做些化验。
14.That’s due to your heavy period.这是因为你月经过多造成的。
15.I think it’s carcinoma of the breasts.我认为是乳腺癌。
16.We’ll send her to the delivery room for further observation.我们想把她送到产房进一步观察。
眼科用语: 1.Do you see dimly from distance or close by?您看远不清还是看近不清?
2.Do you see objects dimly?您看东西模糊吗?
3.What kind of pain do you have?怎么痛法?
4.Is there much secretion from your eyes?眼里的分泌物多吗?
5.Does light affect your eyes?您的眼睛怕光吗?
6.Do you see an object as if there were two that overlap?您看东西有重影吗?
7.Do you see my hand moving?您看见我的手在动吗?
8.Try not to blink.不要眨眼。
9.Are you near-sighted or far-sighted?您是近视眼还是远视眼?
10.Come back in a week for a re-examination of your eyes.一周以后来复查您的眼睛。
用药、开药用语:
1.I’ll send you some medicine(pill,ointment)。给你开些内服药(丸药,膏药)。
2.I’ll give you some tablets.我给你一些药片。
3.I’ll make up a prescription for you.我给你开一张药方
4.I’ll write out a prescription for you right now.我马上给你开张药方。
5.I’ll give you a prescription.Take it to the chemist’s 我给你一张处方,到药房去配药。
6.I think you’d better take Chinese traditional medicine.我认为你最好服用中药。
7.Take the medicine according to the instruction.请按医嘱用药。
8.I’d like to put you on some medicine and have you come back in several days.给我开点药,几天以后你再来。
9.One tablet each time,three times a day after meals.每日3次,每次1片,饭后服。
10.Take one capsule every four hours.每4小时服用一胶囊。
11.Take a dose three times a day.每天服3次,每次一剂。
12.Put the ointment on the sore once a day.把软膏涂在患处,每日1次。
13.Shake well before using it.使用之前要摇匀。
14.The medicine will relieve your pain.这种药会给你止痛。
15.This medicine can keep your fever down.这种药可给你退烧。
16.This is for oral administration.这是口服药物。17.This lotion is for external use only.这种洗剂只可外用。检查用语:
I’d like to run a few tests.我想给你做些检查。
I think you need some examinations first.我想您首先需要做一些检查。
Drink plenty of water.要喝大量的水。
You are scheduled to have a GI and a GB test tomorrow morning.您预定明天早上作胃肠检查和胆囊检查。
Please don’t eat or drink anything until the test is over.I’m sorry but you have to have an absolute empty stomach.要检查结束之前请不要吃喝任何东西。我很抱歉,您得完全空着胃。
This test is done on a 24 hour basis from 6 in the morning until 6 in the following morning.这个检查是以早晨六点到第二天早上六点的二十四个小时为单位进行的。
You may have something to drink whenever you wish.你可以随意喝你想喝的东西。
Please use this container for your urine.请将尿放进这个容器内。
Breathe in deeply.That’ll do.深呼吸,好了。
Now take a breath.现在吸气
Now take a deep breath with your mouth open.现在嘴张开作深呼吸。
Now turn around,please.现在请转过去。
Take it easy and don’t move.放松点,别动。
Show me exactly where it is.请告诉我准确的地方。
Show me your tongue,please.请把舌头伸出来。
Show me which one it is.告诉我是哪个?
Show me where it hurts the most.告诉我哪儿最疼。
You’d better have a chest X-ray.你最好透视一下胸部。
I’d like to listen to your chest.我想听听你的胸部。
You must have a blood(sputum)test.你需要验验血(痰)。
Your tongue is rather coated.你的舌苔比较厚。
Dull tongue with whitish and greasy coating.舌质暗,苔白腻。
三、文化交流部分
(一)关于中国、中国人和中国文化 1.A: What do you think of China?
你怎么看中国?
B: China is a fascinating country.It has a lot to offer the world.中国是个迷人的国家,她对世界的贡献是巨大的。
C: I don’t know a lot about China yet, but I’m eager to learn.我对中国还不太了解,但我很想知道。
2.A: What do you think of the Chinese?
你怎么看中国人?
B:Chinese are very hospitable and kind-hearted.中国人民热情好客,亲切友好。
C: Chinese value family and education more than Americans.中国人比美国人更看重家庭和教育。
3.A: What are your feelings about life in China?
你觉得在中国的生活怎么样?
B: Life in China is so different from life in my country.中国的生活跟我们国家的截然不同。
C: Life here seems more stable than life in my country.这里的生活似乎比我们国家的更稳定些。
A: How do you like the Great Wall?
你觉得长城怎么样?
B: It’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen!
那是我见过的最令人震撼的景观!
C: It’s really awesome!Words can’t describe it!
真令人敬佩!无法用言语来形容。
Words can’t describe...无法用言语表达
1)Words can’t describe how thankful I am.我对你的感激之情溢于言表。
2)Words can’t describe how lucky you are.你的运气真是无法用言语来表达。
3)Words can’t describe the way I feel.我的感觉难以言表。
4.A: What do you think of the Forbidden City?
你认为故宫怎么样?
B: I feel like I am walking through history.走进故宫,就像徜徉在历史的长河中。
C: It’s really proof of the China’s greatne and wisdom.那可真是中国人民伟大和智慧的见证。
5.A: What do you want to know about China?
你想对中国了解些什么?
B: I want to know more about traditional Chinese medicine.我想知道更多有关传统中医的事。
C: I want to know about opportunities for my busine.我想了解一些商机。
D: I really want to know more about the English education in China.我非常想对中国的英语教育状况多一些了解。
6.A: What attracts you the most about China?
中国的什么最吸引你?
B: The ancient culture, the friendly people and the terrific food.中国的古代文化,友好的人民和美味的食品。
C: The exciting atmosphere of change and development.那令人振奋的巨变和发展氛围。
7.A: What was your first impreion of China?
你对中国的第一印象是什么?
B: I was so amazed by the large population.There are so many people everywhere.中国庞大的人口让我吃惊。到处都是人。
C: China was much more modern than I expected.The cities are filled with skyscrapers.中国比我想象中的要更现代化。城市里到处是摩天大楼。
D: It’s very different from what I expected.It’s not at all like what I thought.跟我想象中的大不一样,根本不像我想的那样。
8.A: What do you like best about China?
对于中国,你最喜欢的是什么?
B: The hospitality of the Chinese.中国人的热情好客。
C: The history and unique features of its
different cities.不同城市的历史和特色。
D: I never have to pay for anything.Everywhere I go, I can stay and eat 12 for free.You know why, because they want to learn English!
我走到哪儿都不用花钱,白吃白住。你知道为什么吗,他们都想跟我学英语!
9.A: What do you dislike most about China?
对于中国,你最不喜欢的是什么?
B: The pollution.污染。
C: I hate the way people spit and litter.It really turns me off.我讨厌人们随地吐痰、乱丢垃圾,这令我很反感。
10.A: What do you find interesting about life in China?
你发现在中国生活有什么有趣之处?
B: There are so many people and so many differences from western culture.人很多,而且中西文化有很大差异。
C: Ancient culture and modern development exist side by side.传统文化和现代化发展共存。
D: There are so many different cities and so many different customs.Every city has a unique personality.众多不同的城市,众多不同的风俗。每个城市都有它独特的一面。
11.A: What cities have you been to?/ Where have you been?
你去过哪些城市?/你都去过哪里?
B: I’ve been to Beijing and Shanghai.They are very impreive.我去过北京和上海,我对这两个城市印象很深。
C: I’ve been to a lot of cities in China.I love them all.我过去中国的很多城市,这些城市我都喜欢。
12.A: Where would you like to go?
你想去哪里?
B: I’d like to go to Xi’an and Guilin.I want to see the Terra Cotta Warriors and the mountains of Yangshuo.我想去西安和桂林。我想去看看兵马俑和阳朔的山。
13.A: What is your favorite place in China?
你最喜欢中国的哪个地方?
B: Absolutely Beijing!There is no city like the Capital.You can never get tired of Beijing.There is so much history and culture.当然是北京了!没有一个城市比得上首都。你对北京永远也不会厌倦,她拥有悠久的历史和灿烂的文化。
C: I have two favorite places in China, Sanya and Shanghai.Sanya in Hainan has the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.Shanghai is a very energetic and exciting city.中国有两个地方是我最喜欢的,三亚和上海。海南的三亚有我见过的最美丽的海滩。上海是一个充满活力和激情的城市。
14.A: What would you like to buy and take back from China?
你想在中国买点什么带回去?
B: China is so famous for its silk.I’d like to buy some for my mother.中国的丝绸闻名遐迩。我要买一些给我母亲。
15.A: Do you think the Chinese are le sensitive than the people in your country?
你认为中国人比你们国家的人更随和吗? B: Yes, the Chinese are very tolerant.是的。中国人很懂得容忍。
C: No, Chinese worry about losing face a lot more than people in my country.不,中国人比我们国家的人更爱面子。
16.A: What makes you feel embarraed in China?
在中国,什么让你感到尴尬?
B: I don’t like being stared at.It makes me uncomfortable.我不喜欢人们盯着我看,这让我觉得很不自在。
C: I don’t like being asked personal questions, especially about how much things cost.我不喜欢被问到私人问题,尤其是我买什么东西花了多少钱。
17.A: What are your suggestions regarding the development of China?
关于中国的发展,你有何建议?
B: Learn some ideas from western countries and protect the environment.学习西方国家的做法,保护环境。
C: Don’t destroy historical sites just to put up more modern buildings.不要为了建更多的现代建筑而毁坏历史古迹。
(二)关于不同的国家
1.A: Who is the most important person in your country now?
B:I have to say George Bush is the most important person right now.当前的风云人物非乔治•布什莫属。
C: The most important people in my country are definitely profeional 14 athletes.我们国家的风云人物当然是职业运动员了。
2.A: Who are the most popular actor and actre in your country?
谁是你们国家最当红的男女演员?
B: I think Brad Pitt is the most popular actor and Angelina Jolie is the most popular actre.我觉得布拉德•皮特和安吉莉娜•茱莉分别是当红的男女影星。
3.A: Who is the best singer?
谁是最好的歌手?
B:That depends on what kind of music you like.这要看你喜欢什么样的音乐了。
C:I love Ricky Martin.I think he’s the best singer.我喜欢瑞奇•马丁,我觉得他是最好的歌手。
4.A: What is your country famous for?
你们国家什么最出名?
B: My country is famous for it’s champagne.You can enjoy first-cla champagne in France.我们国家以香槟著称,在法国你可以品尝到一流的香槟。
C: The U.S.A.is famous for its big companies.They are known all over the world.美国以林立的大公司而闻名于世。
D: My country is famous for its natural beauty.There aren’t many people in my country but there is a lot of beautiful scenery.我的国家以美丽的自然景观而出名,人口不多,但是风光旖旎。
5.A: What is the best/worst city in your country? Why?
你们国家哪个城市最好/最差?为什么?
B: Miami is the best city.It has beautiful beaches and warm weather all year round.Los Angeles is the worst city.There are too many cars and the air is terrible.迈阿密是最好的城市,那里有美丽的海滩和终年宜人的气候。洛杉矶是最差的城市,那里的车太多,空气质量很糟。
C:New York is the best city.It’s the most international city in the world.But some people think it is also the worst city because it is crowded and 15 dangerous.纽约最好,它是世界上最国际化的都市。但是有些人认为它是最差的城市,因为那里人多又不安全。
6.A: What are the most interesting tourist sights for visitors to your country? 你们国家最吸引人的名胜是什么?
B: Most people like to visit Disney World.Las Vegas, New York and San Francisco are also very exciting and popular.大多数人喜欢去迪斯尼乐园,拉斯维加斯、纽约和旧金山也是备受青睐的地方。
7.A: What are the most popular vacation places for people in your country?
你们国家的人最爱去哪里度假?
B:People in my country like to travel everywhere.They love seeing new places.我们国家的人喜欢到各处旅游。他们喜欢游览新的地方。
8.A: What is the most popular sport in your country?
你们国家最盛行的体育运动是什么?
B: Americans are crazy about football.But, it’s very different from soccer.美国人痴迷于橄榄球,但是它跟足球有很大区别。
9.A: What is the most famous newspaper in your country?
你们国家哪种报纸最出名?
B: There are many famous newspapers.A lot of people like the USA Today and the Wall Street Journal.有很多有名的报纸。很多人喜欢看《今日美国》和这《华尔街日报》。
C: The New York Times is definitely the most famous newspaper.最出名的报纸当属《纽约时报》。
10.A: What is the most popular food in your country?
你们国家的什么食品最受欢迎?
B: There are lots of popular foods, but almost everyone loves pizza and fried chicken.有很多受欢迎的食品,但是几乎每个人都爱吃比萨饼和炸鸡。
C: A lot of people are crazy about Chinese food.很多人喜欢吃中国菜。
11.A: Tell me something about your country.给我讲讲你的国家。
B: The U.S.A.is a big and exciting country.You should come and see it for yourself someday.美国是一个让人兴奋的大国。有时间你应该来亲自来看一看。
C: France is famous for its fashion, art and wine.Paris is extremely romantic.法国以她的时尚、艺术和美酒著称。巴黎是个充满了浪漫情调的城市。
D: England has a long and interesting history.London is one of the most exciting cities in the world.英国有着悠久灿烂的历史。伦敦是世界上最令人兴奋的城市之一。
12.A: What is your hometown known/famous for?
你的家乡什么最有名?
B: My hometown is well-known for oranges.我的家乡盛产橙子。
C: My hometown hosted the Olympics last year.我的家乡去年主办了奥运会。
D: My hometown is the center of car manufacturing.我的家乡是汽车制造业的中心。
13.A: What do people think of China in your country?
你们国家的人怎么看中国?
B: George Bush thinks that China is our competitor;Bill Clinton thinks that China is our strategic partner.Most Americans agree with Mr.Clinton.乔治•布什认为中国是美国的竞争对手,比尔•克林顿把中国当作战略伙伴。大多数美国人赞成克林顿的观点。
C: People think China is a mysterious place.很多人认为中国是个神秘的国度。
D: Lots of people are interested in China, but they don’t know much about it.很多人对中国很感兴趣,但他们对中国却知之甚少。
14.A: What do you think of the U.S.A.?
你对美国有什么看法?
B: The U.S.A.is leading the world in almost every field.It attracts talents from all over the world.Actually, I’m planning to go there soon.美国几乎在每一个领域都处于世界领先地位,它吸引了来自世界各地的精英。事实上,我正打算不久之后去美国呢。
C: Americans have too much freedom.Sometimes it makes the country hard to manage.美国人拥有太多的自由,有时这给管理国家造成了不便。
D: The U.S.A.has so much to be discovered and so much to be learned.美国有太多的东西需要发掘和学习。
15.A: How do you like your hometown? 你的家乡怎么样?
B: I live in Los Angeles, California.We have unshine all year round.I love it.我住在加利福尼亚的洛杉矶。我们那儿全年阳光明媚。我热爱我的家乡。
C: My hometown is too small.It has no future.I want to get out.我的家乡太小了,没什么发展前途。我想走出家乡。
16.A: How do you like your hometown? 你的家乡怎么样呢?
B: My hometown is very famous.Many important Chinese leaders are from my hometown.我的家乡闻名遐迩,很多中国著名的领袖都出自我的家乡。
C: Although my hometown is very poor, I love it.I mi it very much.I’m the only student who ever went to college.尽管我的家乡很穷,但我热爱它。我十分想念它。我是家乡惟一的一个大学生。
(三)关于他们国家的人民
1.A: Do most people in your country value their family or career more?
你们国家大多数的人是以家庭为重还是以事业为重?
B: Personally, I value my career more.But I think most people give family and career equal value.就我个人来说,我更重视事业。但是我觉得大部分人都是事业与家庭并重。
C: It’s hard to say.Everyone is different.很难说。每个人都不一样。
2.A: What do the people my age love to do the most in your country?
你们国家像我这样年纪的人最喜欢做什么?
B: They love to have fun.They love to have parties and spend time with their friends.他们爱玩,喜欢各种聚会,跟朋友们在一起。
C: They are crazy about sports.They love to practice them and they love to watch them.他们热爱体育运动,喜欢观看也喜欢参与其中。
3.A:How are the people in your country different from the people in China?
你们国家的人和中国人有什么不同?
B:The people here care about their families more than people in my country do.中国人比我们国家的人更顾家。
4.A: What’s the population of your city?
你所在城市的人口是多少?
B: I really don’t know.我真的不知道。
C:About four million.It seems small compared to Beijing.大约有四百万吧。跟北京的人口比起来恐怕要少。
(四)关于语言
1.A: Are you interested in learning Chinese?
你对学习中文感兴趣吗?
B: Sure, but it’s too difficult.当然了,但是太难了。
C: No, not really.I’m only here for a short time.不太感兴趣。我在这里不会待多久。
D: I’m too busy with my work.Maybe my son is interested.我工作太忙了。也许我儿子对中文感兴趣。
2.A: Why do you want to learn Chinese?
你为什么要学习中文?
B: Just for fun.学着玩。
C: I want to have a career in Asia.我想在亚洲开拓我的事业。
D: I want to date Chinese girls.我想找中国女朋友。
3.A: Can you speak any other languages?
你还会说别的语言吗?
B: I speak French and German.我会说法语和德语。
C: No, I only speak English.不会,我只讲英语。
4.A: Do you want to know how to say “I love you” in Chinese?
你想知道用汉语怎么说“I love you”吗?
B: Yes.Can you teach me?
想。你能教我吗?
5.A: Do you think it is difficult to learn a foreign language?
你觉得学一门外语难吗?
B: Yes, I think it takes a lot of hard work.难,我觉得学外语要花很多工夫。
C: No, I think learning a foreign language is a piece of cake.I’ve learned a lot of Chinese in a very short time.不难,我觉得学一门外语是小菜一碟。我在短期内已经学了不少中文。
(五)关于学习外语的经验
1.A: What do you think are the most important elements in learning to speak a foreign language? 你认为学说外语最重要的因素是什么?
B: Practice, patience and perseverance.And you have to enjoy losing face.练习、耐心和恒心。而且你要热爱丢脸。
2.A: “Learn one more language, live one more life.”Don't you agree? “多学一门语言,多过一种生活。”你同意吗? B: Absolutely!I couldn't agree more.我完全赞同!
3.A: The only way to really know another culture is to learn the language, because language is the carrier of culture.What's your opinion? 真正了解一种文化的最好办法是学习它的语言,因为语言是文化的载体。你觉得呢? B: I agree with you completely.我完全赞成你。
C: Language really does teach you a lot about other cultures.Especially the Chinese language,because each character has a long history.语言的确教你很多关于其他文化的东西,尤其是中文,因为每一个汉字都有悠久的历史。