商务英语1_商务英语专业1

2020-02-27 其他范文 下载本文

商务英语1由刀豆文库小编整理,希望给你工作、学习、生活带来方便,猜你可能喜欢“商务英语专业1”。

1.在宴会上At the Party

Mr.Lee: Excuse me, everyone.If I could just have your attention for a few minutes… I’d like to thank you all for coming.Welcome to Go-Getters Advertising Agency’s Annual Make Your Market Banquet.We’re happy to be celebrating the end of another succeful year.I’d like to propose a toast, if I may.Here’s to succeful projects completed, to the team that made them happen, and to the profits all our clients are sure to make!

对不起,各位。占用大家几分钟时间……我非常感谢大家能来。欢迎你们参加“进取者”广告公司一年一度的“占领市场”主题宴会。我们很高兴能在丰收的一年的年末庆祝我们的成功。请允许我举杯祝愿。祝贺项目圆满完成,感谢项目组人员,祝我们所有的客户能财源广进!

Rob: To succeful projects!祝贺项目圆满完成!Jill: To revenue!

祝贺我们财源广进!

Rob: Mr.Lee, I’m afraid I have to leave a little early.I wanted to say thanks so much for another lovely banquet.Everything was delicious, and the pre-dinner entertainment was superb.李先生,恐怕我得提前一会儿离开。非常感谢您准备的丰盛晚餐。菜肴很可口,餐前的娱乐活动非常棒。

Mr.Lee: I’m glad you enjoyed it.Our video lab technicians love putting together the annual comedy video.Hope you’ll be able to join us again next year.您能喜欢,我非常高兴。我们的音像师喜欢把每年有趣的录像连在一起,希望您明年还能还参加我们的聚会。

Rob: I’m sure I will.我一定会的。

Mr.Lee: I hope you have enjoyed your evening, Jill.但愿您今晚过得愉快,Jill.Jill: Yes.It is wonderful to be celebrating another succeful year at the agency.I’m so glad you included me on the guest list.是的。又是公司成功的一年,庆祝活动很精彩!很荣幸被邀请。

Mr.Lee: Of course, of course.It wouldn’t be a celebration without our newest client.I am so glad you could make it!Will you be staying for the dance?

当然,当然。没有新客户参加,这就不算是庆祝了。很高兴您能成为我们的客户。留下来参加舞会,怎么样?

Jill: No, I have to head home pretty soon.I have an early morning tomorrow.不了,我得尽快回家。明天我得早起。

Mr.Lee: Me, too.If you can wait for me, I’ll walk out with you.I just have to give a short speech to start the band off, and then I will be free to go.我也是。如果您能等我,我想和您一起走。我得去说几句,让乐队开始演奏,然后我就可以走了。

Jill: Sure, I can wait a few minutes.好的,我等您几分钟。

Make Your Market 占领市场(To make it, make your day中的make是获得全胜的意思)propose a toast建议举杯祝酒

Delicious可口的

2.拒绝邀请 Turning Down an Invitation

Mr.Jones: Leo!I wanted to tell you thanks for all your hard work on the budget.We’re having a get-together after work tonight at Carl’s Karaoke Club to celebrate having finished it.We’d love to see you there.Leo!你在预算工作上辛苦了,我向你表示感谢。我们今晚下班后在Carl卡拉ok俱乐部有个聚会,庆祝完成工作。我们希望你能来。

Mr.Lee: What fun!Normally I’d love to , but I’m afraid I have to work late tonight.We’ve got to get the contract ready for Mi King.太好了!我很愿意去,但恐怕我今晚加班。我们得给King小姐准备合同。

Mr.Jones: Oh, right.You’re busy with that contract.Maybe you could join us later? 噢,对了。你正忙合同的事儿。也许你能晚点儿来。

Mr.Lee: Unfortunately, I just can’t make it this time.I have to go straight home.It’s my second wedding anniversary, and we’re supposed to be having a big dinner Susan would kill me if I mied it.太不凑巧了,我抽不出时间。我得回家。今天是我和太太结婚两周年纪念,我们准备去吃大餐的。如果我去不了,Susan不会饶我的。

Mr.Jones: Happy anniversary!Sorry you won’t be there.Maybe some other time? 祝你们快乐!真遗憾你不能来。也许可以改天。

Mr.Lee: Yeah, maybe.Thanks, anyway.Hope you guys have a great time!改天吧。谢谢你。祝你们玩得愉快!

Have a get-together举行聚会

Contract合同

3.Entertaining Friends邀请Invitation

Mr.Jones: Mary!I haven’t seen you since our dinner with Mr.Lee last week.Where have you been hiding yourself lately?

Mary!自从上星期我们和李先生吃过饭后就没见到你了。你最近藏到哪儿去了?

Mi Lewis: Oh, hi Mike.I’ve been out of town the last few days.What did you need? 噢,你好,Mike。我前些天不在城里。你有什么事吗?

Mr.Jones: Really, nothing big.I just heard about your ideas on employee motivation and I wanted chat with you about a few things going on in my department.其实没什么重要的事情。我刚听说你有关提高员工积极性的一些想法,我想和你聊聊我部门里的一些事情。

Mi Lewis: Well, feel free to drop by my office any time.The door’s always open.好的,随时可以到我办公室来谈,我非常欢迎.Mr.Jones: Actually, I was hoping to mix busine with pleasure.Would you be interested in joining me for dinner some time this week? I thought we might try out the new Italian restaurant everyone’s been talking about.其实,我希望在轻松的气氛中谈正事儿。这周你愿意和我一起去吃晚餐吗?

我觉得我们可以去那家意大利餐厅,风乎每个人都说起这家餐厅。

Mi Lewis: Sure, Mike, I’d love to.没问题,Mike, 我很愿意。

Mr.Jones: Is this evening too soon?

要是今晚,时间是不是太紧了?

Mi Lewis: No, that’s perfect.We can leave directly from here.不,今晚挺好的。我们可以直接从这儿走。

feel free 随便

drop by顺便拜访

4.Visits and parties访问聚会

招待朋友 Entertaining Friends

Mr.Lee: I know you’ve had Chinese food before, but I had to look all over town to find an authentic Chinese restaurant.I’m hoping this experience will be new and different for you.我知道你吃过中国菜,但我还是找遍全城,终于找到这家地道的中国餐馆。我希望这次能给你新的体验。

Mi Lewis: It all looks delicious!I love the way they’ve stacked the dishes in the middle of the table.What’s the dish in the middle making all the noise?

看起来真可口!我喜欢象这样把菜肴摆在桌子中央。桌子中间发出声响的是道什么菜?

Mr.Lee: That’s called tie ban niu rou.It’s basically strips of beef with onion, but it’s poured onto a heated iron dish, which acts as a grill.That’s why it’s sizzling;it’s literally cooking at the table.是铁板牛肉。用洋葱和牛肉片做的,将洋葱和牛肉丝倒在加热的铁盘上,相当于烤炉,所以会发出咝咝声。这实际上是在餐桌上把菜做出来的。

Mr.Jones: So I gue we can be sure it’s hot.What’s this dish here? Looks like a salad or something!

那样可以保证菜是热的。这道菜是什么?看起来像沙拉一类的东西。

Mr.Lee: That’s cold dish.Believe it or not, we call it “Tiger Food.” It’s green pepper, cilantro, and cucumbers.I suppose we could consider that an appetizer.那是道凉菜。信不信由你,我们把它称作“老虎菜”。由青椒,芫荽叶和黄瓜。我们把它当作开胃菜。

Mi Lewis: Is it hot? 它是热的吗?

Mr.Lee: Hot? It’s cold.热?它是凉的。

Mi Lewis: I meant spicy-hot.我是说辣。

Mr.Lee: It’s a little hot, but not too bad.For really hot, you should try the noodle dish in front of you.It’s called “Ants Climbing a Tree.”

有点辣,但不是很辣。说到辣,你应该尝尝你跟前的粉丝,这道菜叫“蚂蚁上树”。

Mr.Jones: What a funny name!I gue those little bits of pork are the ants.So what do Chinese people eat for deert?

名字真有趣!我猜这些小肉丁就是蚂蚁。那么中国人的甜点是什么呢?

Mr.Lee: We don’t have deert.We end our meal with some sort of staple food like rice or noodles.But I think if you are hungry for something sweet at the end of the meal, you can try some of these steamed buns.They’ve been fried just enough to be crispy and golden.You dip them into this sweetened condensed milk.我们没有甜点。我们在最后吃些主食,如米饭或面条。但如果你最后想吃些甜的食品,你可以尝尝这些馒头。它们被炸得酥脆焦黄。你可以蘸上些炼乳。

Mi Lewis: This food is just great!I don’t know how you manage to maintain a healthy weight with all this good food!

这些菜真不错!真想象不出有这么好的食物,你们是怎么控制体重的!

authentic Chinese restaurant 地道的中国餐馆

strips of beef 牛肉片

grill 烤炉

sizzling 发出咝咝声

cucumbers 黄瓜

appetizer 开胃菜

spicy-hot 麻辣 deert(饭后)甜点

staple food 主食

steamed bun馒头

crispy and golden 酥脆焦黄

Dip蘸,浸.Changing an Appointment

Kim: Hi Ron, this is Kim at headquarters.你好,Ron.我是总部的Kim.Ron: Oh, hi Kim.How’s it going? 你好,Kim.最近怎么样?

Kim: Great, thanks.I was calling to change our meeting next week.很好,谢谢。我们下星期的见面,我想改期。

Ron: Ok, sure.When did you have in mind? 好的,没问题。你觉得什么时候合适?

Kim: Well, I was hoping we could reschedule for early next month, Our trip has been postponed until the 2nd.我想订在下个月的月初。我们推迟到2号才出差。

Ron: Why don’t’ we say the 3rd around 2:00 p.m.? 那三号下午两点左右见面行吗?

Kim: That works for me!I will call you when I get into town to reconfirm.可以,我到了后再打电话给你确认。

Ron: Great.Talk to you then.好的。再联系。

6.Confirming an Appointment 确认约会

Secretary: Good afternoon, Mr.Dome’s office.下午好,Dome先生办公室。

Denise: This is Denise, Mr.Bruce’s Secretary.I was calling to confirm his meeting tomorrow with Mr.Dome 4 o’clock.我是Denise, Bruce先生的秘书。我想确认一下明天下午4点Dome先生能不能和Bruce先生见面。

Secretary: Yes, it’s confirmed for here in our office.对,就约在我办公室见面。

Denise: Is your addre still 1150 Lake Road? 地址是莱克路1150号吗?

Secretary: Yes, that’s correct.是的,没错。

Denise: Ok.Thank you.好的,谢谢你。

Busine Social Skills 商务社交技巧 前台对话(2)Meeting the Receptionist(2)

Cathy: Hi.I’m here to see Ms.Matthews.嗨。我要见Matthews女士。

Receptionist: Do you have an appointment? 您和她约好了吗?

Cathy: No, I don’t.没有。

Receptionist: Whom should I say is here?

怎么称呼您呢?

Cathy: My name is Cathy Bates.I spoke with her about a week ago and she told me to just stop by when I was in the neighborhood.I am dropping off some paperwork for her.我叫Cathy Bates.我一星期前和她谈过话,她让我来这边时顺便到这里一趟。我是来给她送文件的。

Receptionist: Please wait a moment.I will see if she is available.请稍等。我看看她是否有空。

stop by顺便拜访

drop off 递送东西

8赞扬(1)Compliments(1)

Joseph: Your search on this project has been excellent.你对这个项目的研究做得非常好。

Danielle: Thank you.I couldn’t have done it without the help of a B team.谢谢。要是没有一个强大团队的支持,我做不到这些。

Joseph: The final report is exceptionally thorough and well done.I think that you have been come up with some interesting recommendations for the client.最后的报告非常全面,做得很好。你给客户提出了一些不寻常的建议。

Danielle: Well, I hope the client feels the same way!我希望客户有同样的看法。

Joseph: I am sure they will be pleased.我非常肯定他们会满意的。

Excellent 极好的,优秀的Exceptionally 特别的,非常的well done做得好

come up with提出,想出

client客户赞扬(2)Compliments(2)

Joseph: I am really impreed with your presentation skills.你做陈述的技巧给我留下了深刻的印象。

Danielle: Thank you.I have been working on it for several years.谢谢。我已经做了好几年这方面的工作了。

Joseph: Well, your time has been well spent!工作的效果非常明显。

Danielle: It also helps that I have B team members, such as yourself.You really know your stuff!优秀的团队也是有帮助的,例如你本人。你对自己领域确定很精通。

Joseph: Thanks, but I have to admit I am really good at bluffing!谢谢,我不得不承认自己挺能咋呼的。

Be impreed with 留下深刻的印象

presentation skills做陈述的技巧

know your stuff对自己的领域很精通

bluff 虚张声势,咋呼(这里是一种自谦的说法)

《商务英语1.docx》
将本文的Word文档下载,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
商务英语1
点击下载文档
相关专题 商务英语专业1 商务英语 商务英语专业1 商务英语
[其他范文]相关推荐
    [其他范文]热门文章
      下载全文